Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Week 12 Weigh-In (-34 pounds)







Hi All,

I think I have been thrown off my weeks but after counting twice, this past week is week 12. I had my 2nd fill yesterday. I weighed in at 257 at the doctors office. Today I weighed in at 256. I am sure that is partly due to my having to be on liquids for a week. I did find out that my band only holds 4.75 so now I am up to three. I can tell that the restriction is kicking in because I went and bought a smoothie from smoothie king and I took one sip and up it came. I think I may have gulped it down instead of sipping slowly. After that episode I waited 10 minutes and tried again...MUCH slower this time and it was fine. I am so very happy to be able to report more on the loss front. I was truly getting very frustrated at the stand still. I did take some time to think about how far I have come and not to beat myself up so much. I was 290 lbs. only 3 months ago. Today I have on a suit that I could not have put on then back in November and had been sitting in my closet for a year. I notice that everything is shrinking and it feels great! I keep making short term goals for myself to keep myself motivated.

Let me share my list:







  • DOExercise at least three times a week for 45 minutes or longer



  • DO Reduce the sweet intake to once a week



  • DO Always eat a protein breakfast



  • Don't wait until I am starving to eat...(I always eat too fast).



  • Remember to drink water



  • Remember that weight is lost in inches AND pounds.



  • DO lose 10 pounds at a time.



  • DO Start taking measurements



  • DO keep blogging....It is therapy.



One other thing I try to associate with losing weight is what I was doing at what weight, which I can miraculously remember. For instance, When I did my internship in D.C. I was 240 pounds. When I got married, I was 238 pounds. When I was Miss Spanish Club, I was 217 pounds. Don't laugh! This system works for me!!! LOL! So, after I reach 250 (which incidentally was my trigger weight to tell me to start losing weight!), my next goal will be INTERNSHIP STEPHANIE!




Thanks to Jennifer who keeps me on my toes and in good spirits.




Have a great week gang!







1 comment:

fitnessbandit said...

Never mind Miss Internship, I can't wait to see Miss Spanish Club!!!

You'll be there before you know it!

Bel