Tuesday, November 18, 2008

2 Days and I'm heading to Monterrey




My nerves have kicked in today. I can't really express the feeling exactly. It's half happiness, part worry and part nervousness. I think that what I really need to do is to stop watching lap band success videos on youtube and to stop reading peoples experiences in their blogs. Not to say that blogs and videos havent given me helpful information. On the contrary. That information has been invaluable...but I have to stop looking, reading and listening. I think that I am now equipped with the help of all of that information to forge ahead and write my own story. I hope that it will be helpful to someone someday.

Yesterday I came across a few stories about people who didnt lose as much because they didnt stick to the diet they were supposed to. This made me worry a little, but it also instilled in me the importanct of committment. Committment to diet and exercise in order to achieve the results that you want. This saying hangs in my office and until I wrote this, it has been a while since I actually read it.



"Commitment is not wishing for something, but a decision deep within yourself to do whatever it takes." -Unknown author

I know a thing or two about commitment. I don't believe in "can't" or even in "no". Those words just make me want what I want even more and spark in me a feeling of sheer determination and defiance. I don't think I have ever not gotten what I really put forth an effort to acheive and there is no reason to look at weight loss any differently.

I tried phentermine pills for a while to lose weight. They worked. I lost 50 pounds while taking the pill and exercising but you can't take a pill forever. The difference to me is that the band is my permanent pill and I have to be extra careful with it and how I use it. It will aid in my ultimate success to permanently get the pounds off.

This will probably be my last post until after the surgery. I will write later with my progress and experiences.

1 comment:

fitnessbandit said...

I too have also been on phentermine (duromine here in Aus) twice in my life. I lose heaps of weight only to put it back on after I stopped taking it.

This is why I know the band will work for me. I succeeded on duromine because I simply wasn't hungry and therefore found it very easy to make good food choices.

Bel