Thursday, November 20, 2008

Twas the night before.....and after...




I am here in Monterrey. My surgery is tomorrow at 11 a.m. I arrived at 12 and as promised my driver Santos was there to meet me and take me to eat and see my doctor. Dr. Zapata was an extremely nice and generous man and explained everything to me and allowed me to ask any questions I had to ask.



My patient coordinator Alma arrived at my hotel and explained what I should expect the next morning. It is now 8 a.m. and I am preparing to go to sleep and get some rest before the big day.



Today I weighed in at 287.

Its 10:30 p.m. and I am out of surgery safely. The hospital itself here in Monterrey is absolutely beautiful and I will include a shot from my hospital window when I get back home. The nurses doctors and staff are all great and treat me like a queen.

I have had to walk all day to get rid of the C02 that they pump into your stomach and even now, I am slightly uncomfortable. I had surgery at 11 and have been in my room since 2pm . The gas is the bigest pain and walking is supposed to disseminate the gas quicker. I have been going up and down these lavish halls all day to get a burp. They have taken great care of me here and I cant wait to put some pictures up of the trip.

My journey began when I walked in here.

No comments: