Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Barely Sleeping....


So, I am preparing to be banded in 9 days. 9 days!!! I am so excited and nervous all at once. I am looking forward to losing weight and keeping it off and changing my eating habits. I have struggled with this decision for several reasons. I feel like as a plus size girl, I might be "selling out" by having surgical intervention to make me smaller. Heck, look at what happened to Starr Jones! On the other hand, a history of obesity runs rampant in the women on both sides of my family and I frankly don't want to look like my aunts and mom one day (even though I have them by several inches in height). What finally did it for me was the issues I have with my blood pressure that seems to be getting worse instead of better. I don't feel like I am in control anymore even though I am very active physically and wouldnt call my eating habits "bad". I have a healthy self-esteem but I feel so uncomfortable at my current weight. I also had someone comment on my weight at work. THAT was so unexpected and suprising that it was almost a slap in my face. Heck. It WAS a slap in the face. I consider myself beautiful and was taken Waaaay back by any comments made to my person!





I researched the lap band through others experiences for two years. I even looked for horror stories so I could weigh my options. I quite literally couldnt find too much of a down side. The worst think I saw was infection and acid reflux, both of which I am willing to chance. I looked for information on loose skin after surgery but couldn't find much there. I will be sure to document that as I write in my own blog.





So here are my statistics.





Age: 38


Weight:290


Height: 5'8


Lap Band Date: 11/21/08


Lap Band Surgeon: Dr. Miquel Zapata


Lap Band Location: Monterrey Mexico


Lap Band Cost: $6600.00





Stay tuned for more.

No comments: