Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Week 6 Weigh-In (-24 pounds)

Happy New Year People!!!

Still at war!!!! The fight is different now. I am now at war with my next three pounds. Instead of telling you all that I have teetered between 20 to 23 pounds, I am now tottering between 23 and 26 pounds. It's the evil three pound rule (LOL)! I am in good spirits and recovered from my cookie eating binge....especially since I ate them all and they are now gone....NOT to be replaced. Thanks for the post to my cookie monster posting. I literally laughed till my sides split. Read it....its funny and sympathetic at the same time.

Since the cookie monster post, I have turned it up a notch (as Emeril says) and I have been an exercising fiend. I strongly advocate you all to buy any of the biggest loser videos. My favorites are cardiomax and Jillian Michaels front and backside workouts. Not the official name but easy enough to find. I have been working out twice a day since "cookie monster". Since I had some time off for the holiday, I just threw myself into the workout. Now I am back at work and yesterday during lunch I jogged/walked 2 miles and cardio lifted for 15 minutes. I am so glad to be at work and not at home thinking about what is in my pantry and fridge. Gheesh! I am a horrible stay at home person and god bless any of you who are stay at home mom's and such who have the discipline to eat right and not go overboard. I would have ballooned to twice my size if left to my own devices!

My first fill is in 6 days and I am super excited because despite my plunges into sugar darkness, I am showing signs of loss and that is without the fill. With the fill, I should be able to accomplish more. Part of me wants to take advantage of this 'open' time and eat all that my little heart desires but I am not going to do it. I eat plenty now as it is. I do have problems with tuna and chicken going down though. I think I don't take the time to chew as much as I should but to be honest, all that chewing takes the fun out of it for me so I have been eating a lot of fish. All kinds. Tilapia, salmon and trout are my favorites and I fix them all kinds of ways.....blackened, bourbon, baked/breaded. Yummy. I still keep one staple the same since my liquid days and that is to drink one or two Atkins Advantage shakes a day. One every morning and another if I need it as a snack. Need meaning that I am in a rush and/or too lazy to cook myself something.

Anyway, happy holidays lap-banders! I hope your year is starting off just right!

1 comment:

oozyxena said...

Congratulations on losing, that's wonderful, Not long now until your fill, That is exciting. Well done with the woking out, I must be honest it's not my strong point I do find I have to force myself to do any excersize, I guess that's partly to blame for my size now.

Zena xx