Friday, December 26, 2008

The Cookie Monster

Merry Christmas ALL!!! I was a cooking machine for Christmas dinner yesterday. I made some great dishes and even substituted some of the things I am forced to eat in place of the traditional ingredients like egg beaters for eggs. I didnt eat much during dinner and stuck to my protein first and veggies second, potatoes last program. BUT........later that day, I had to have some chocolate chip cookies. Not just one people, I had to have 6 maybe 7 wiith whole milk. I really just fell off the truck. So why???? Its because I was home alone. My honey went home to his family and my kids were off with their friends and I was home alone watching television. I have to add that I did get up before opening presents yesterday morning and worked out to Biggest Losers Cardio Max, which I love, love, love. But, I digress. Back to the cookies.

Hi my name is Stephanie and I am an emotional eater. I knew I was doing it and I did it anyway. Oh why?! I woke up this morning thinking about those darn cookies and why I had to have them. When all of the family gathered for dinner, I had such great comments on how good I looked and how much smaller I looked (I wore some jeans that I couldnt fit before on purpose :-)). I STILL ate those darn cookies!!!! Gheesh.

What bothers me is that I CAN do it. That I have the ability to eat what I want really. I have hardly any restriction and for the most part people, I have stuck to the plan and controlled myself but I swear, this is so hard when there are things I crave and can eat and can eat in great quantity. My fill is on January 12th and I am afraid that they wont give me enough to help me take control.

This doesnt make me feel better, blabbing about this weakness of mine. But the cookies are done and over with.

I will try harder!

2 comments:

smiles said...

Don't beat yourself up - you know what your downfall is, so try and prepare yourself better. I'm an emotional eater, a bored eater, a distraction eater, an eater eater! If there's food in the house, it will get eaten. I guess it's harder for you having kids and a husband in the house, but if they can support you for a while, make sure there's no evils that will make you cave! It won't be long now 'til your fill, I have 17 more sleeps to go to get my band! yay. Stay strong and in control. Let your band do the rest.
Em.

fitnessbandit said...

Hi Stephanie!

Don't be hard on yourself!

How many would you have had before your band? The whole packet maybe?

You will probably go through this again, but it's picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, and moving forward that will have you succeed in this weight loss thing!

Chin up,
Bel