Tuesday, December 9, 2008

KNOCKED ON MY KEISTER.....

Folks. I was referred to Memorial Hospital Weight Loss Centers in Chattanooga Tennessee because they were good and affordable. I live in Nashville Tennessee. I had my surgery done in Mexico, like thousands of other people around the globe and I kept calling for three days straight to get in touch with them to schedule my first fill. Today, I got through. They require a $2,000.00 flat fee to transfer to Dr. Rose. I asked what the transfer fee is for and they said "Because you had your surgery done in Mexico, you have to pay a flat fee."I am livid.

I had one of the best surgeons who is also a surgeon at Baylor Hospital state side to perform my surgery. I am more than happy to pay a fee especially since I paid out of pocket for my surgery (DEDICATION), to get my fills. I am very disappointed that there seems to be no rhyme or reason for this. I have my surgical notes, records and x-rays and have in fact lost 23 pounds since 11/21/08. I can not beleive this! If anyone knows anyone else in Tennessee who are not donkeys, please send them my way.

I am not sure if I am just learning about this new "racism". I feel like I received the very best care from some of the very best people with hospital and surgical facilities that surpass some of our own in the states. I feel like I spent the time, money and effort to help myself and that some of these surgeons here are taking advantage. Dont they know how large our network is. I received the referral from a fellow bander. Wouldn't they expect news like this to spread like wildfire. The reason I went to Mexico is because the cost of healthcare here is atrocious and expensive.

I am so disappointed right now. I will continue my search but I feel helpless and at the whims of these people.

5 comments:

smiles said...

That is appalling - don't know how they could get away with that. Is the $2000 getting you anything at all? I'm pretty sure over here in Australia that could be reported, as it surely wouldn't comply with the standard Trade Practices.

I guess going across borders is commonly shunned by our Doctors - there are a lot of Australians going to Asia to get plastic surgery as it's much cheaper, but they pay the price when things go wrong and our Doctors do the whole 'told you so'.

Goodluck with your search, hope you sort it out. And congrats on your amazing loss so far, you must be loving it!

Em

oozyxena said...

Wow, that is SHOCKING!!!!

I guess they do this to try to stop people going out of the country to have cheaper (good quality) surgery... it's a punishment for being a 'naughty girl' and trying to save a buck or two. You would think they would realise they can still make a regular income from fills alone.

There must be other places, or clinics you could go? you would be cheaper flying to the U.K to get it done, and still have change lol.

Joking aside I truly hope you find somewhere to get your fills, you must be so frustrated!!

Hang in there!!!

Good luck

Zenaxx

oozyxena said...

I have found these names and address on the web, I dont know how up to date they are.

These Doctors special in Bariatric Surgery.

John Husted, MD
Cumberland Center For Obesity
2011 Church St # 101
Nashville , Tennessee 37203


Douglas Olsen, MD
2200 Murphy Ave
Nashville , Tennessee 37203


Albert Spaw, MD
Cumberland Center For Obesity
2011 Church St # 101
Nashville , Tennessee 37203



Michael Talbot, MD
Doctors Care Advanced Medicine
2023 N Carothers Rd
Franklin , Tennessee 37067



Richard Feldman, MD
Doctor's Diet Program
231 Dover Rd
Clarksville , Tennessee 37042


I hope this could be of some help to you.

Zenaxx

oozyxena said...

http://www.locateadoc.com/doctors/bariatric-surgery/nashville-tn.html

hirlybird said...

Hi Stephanie,

Although I live in New Yrk now, my home is Chattnooga, TN. So congratulations on your loss and do not let them push you around. Fight back.

Hirlybird